The Old ChurchTampere's first church, nowadays known as the Old Church, was consecrated in April 1825. The construction of the cruciform neo-Classicist church was delayed by disputes related to the location and material of the church as well as the general lack of funds among the inhabitants of the city. The belfry, designed by Carl Ludvig Engel, was built in 1828-1829. The altarpiece by R. W. Ekman depicts Christ in Gethsemane.
Location on Map
Copy a direct link