Kaleva churchThe Kaleva parish was founded in 1953, but had to wait for 13 years before receiving a church of its own.
The city wanted to build a monumental church on the Liisankallio knoll. Kaleva church, consecrated in August 1966, is characterised by loftiness, light, arched pillars, vertical lines, the colour of unbleached linen and wooden surfaces. The church was designed by architects Reima and Raili Pietilä.
Location on Map
Copy a direct link